Making a Release¶
- Make sure configure.ac has the right version number
- Update NEWS file (use
make release-newstarget and then edit as you see fit)
make distcheck, fix any issues and commit.
- Upload tarball:
scp pygobject-3.X.Y.tar.gz master.gnome.org:
- Install tarball:
ssh master.gnome.org 'ftpadmin install pygobject-3.X.Y.tar.gz'
- Commit NEWS as
"release 3.X.Y"and push
- Tag with:
git tag -s 3.X.Y -m "release 3.X.Y"
- Push tag with:
git push origin 3.X.Y
- Commit post-release version bump to configure.ac
- Send release announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Blog about it (include the HTMLized NEWS that
Each cycle after the feature freeze, we create a stable branch so development can continue in the master branch unaffected by the freezes.
- Create the branch locally with:
git checkout -b pygobject-3-2
- Push new branch:
git push origin pygobject-3-2
- In master, update configure.ac to what will be the next version number (3.3.0)
- Announce the branching, send email telling people to continue development in master and cherry-picking the changes that are appropriate for the stable branch